Therapeutic massage therapy is part of the hands-on manual approach at SICL. As with all manual therapies, massage therapy – which deals specifically with the muscular and other soft tissues of the body – promotes balance and direct healing to the neuro-musculoskeletal systems. The therapeutic effects include:
- Reduced pain and the accompanying stress response
- Increased circulation and metabolism
- Improved lymphatic drainage
- Increased range of motion (joints)
- Increased elasticity of muscles
- Decreased muscle spasm
- Less fatigue
- Maintenance of healthy skin function
Medical Massage Therapy is a covered expense under some major medical insurance plans.
In addition to effectively treating many health conditions and injuries, massage therapy is used as a restorative to promote general wellness. Patients are welcome – indeed, encouraged – to continue to receive massage therapy after rehabilitative services are complete.
Our certified and licensed Massage Therapists offer:
- Therapeutic clinical massage - traditional Swedish, deep tissue, myofascial release and trigger point therapy.
- Sports massage - tailored for athletes emphasizing stretch and neuromuscular work
- Pre/post-natal massage - treats symptoms associated with pregnancy such as sacroiliac pain, low back pain
- Manual lymphatic drainage
- Structural integration
- Myofacial Release